Thursday 28 February 2013

My Little Loves

My time out here in Malta seems to be going SO fast. I'm having an amazing time, and trying to do as much as I can out here in this fantastic country. I've been keeping a scrapbook (check me out, little miss arty farty) where I write down all the trips and events I go to. But I want a way of remembering the little things I loved or enjoyed during my time in Malta. So where better to put it than on my blog. Then I can look back and reminisce about the 'good old days'.

I'm going to call this feature 'My Little Loves', and I'm not sure how often I'll post, but it will probably be when there's something to talk about, rather than me forcing out posts just to stick to a schedule.

So, here's my collection of little things that I have discovered, rediscovered or happened to me recently that have put a smile on my face.

Instagram: becominghugo
1. Volunteering. I have recently started volunteering at a dog sanctuary which is so much fun. The dogs are lovely, the sanctuary sends out a brilliant message to all dog owners on the island, and honestly, who could complain about playing with puppies all day long. I almost died with cuteness over load last time I went.

2. Pretzels. I'm not talking about the little crunchy ones you buy in a packet, I mean the big doughy ones where you can choose your own topping. My favourite so far is the Parmesan cheese one, though my housemates would recommend Nutella or White Chocolate.

3. Beer explosions. Watching Stacey drop a can of beer in the kitchen so that it explodes everywhere like a firework really made me giggle. Stacey, covered in beer, didn't see the funny side, hehe.

4. The weather. Hearing about how cold it is as home has made me really enjoy the sun we are getting in Malta at the moment. The Maltese are still walking around in coats and scarves whilst we're tanning. Crazy tourists.

5. Watching the Malta Marathon runners cross the finish line, from my balcony, whilst sitting on my sofa, eating junk :) The best way to enjoy a marathon yes?

H x

No comments:

Post a Comment